Welcome to the BFTV Cluster
Supporting Excellence through Customer Service, Teamwork & Continuous Improvement
UC Davis Professor Ruihong Zhang shovels fresh table scraps from San Francisco restaurants into the biogas energy plant on the UC Davis campus.
UC Davis Food Science and Technology Pilot Brewery.
BFTV Cluster is the administrative cluster supporting:
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- In the News...
- BAE Professor Fadi Fathallah appointed Associate Vice Provost for Global Education & Services
- BAE Professor Ruihong Zhang named as ASABE Fellow
- BAE students win poster competition at ASABE
- BAE Department members attend the 2016 ASABE Annual International Meeting in Orlando, Florida
- BAE undergraduate student team places in top ten in ASABE Robotics Competition
- Biological Systems Engineering is the biology-based engineering discipline that integrates life sciences with engineering in the advancement and application of fundamental concepts of biological systems from molecular to ecosystem levels. Within this discipline (also called biological engineering), our faculty emphasize a range of research areas including agricultural production/natural resources, biotechnology engineering, and food engineering. More...
Department of Food Science and Technology
- In the News...
- Dr. Carl Winter to provide keynote addresses at two international conferences in September
- FST mourns the passing of Professor Emeritus David Reid
- Dr. Moshe Rosenberg featured the Processed Food Summit in Mexico
- Dr. Linda Harris begins term as IAFP president
- FST professors featured in college's cool video
- The internationally recognized Food Science and Technology Department makes food healthier, tastier, and safer for consumers. Students complete a rigorous scientific curriculum that prepares them well for the numerous job opportunities available in the food industry or for graduate studies in the physical, chemical, and biological sciences and medicine. More...
Department of Textiles and Clothing
- Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop: An ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being. More...
Department of Viticulture and Enology
- In the News...
- CE Specialist Anita Oberholster's research on Red Blotch Disease
- VEN welcomes new Assistant Professor Ben Montpetit
- International internships awarded to several students
- Successful Wine Flavor 101 workshops on campus
- Course Profile: Professor Hildegarde Heymann's class on Sensory Evaluation of Wine (VEN 125 & 125L)
- The V&E Department combines the sciences of viticulture and enology in a single research and teaching unit that encompasses all of the scientific disciplines that impact grape growing and winemaking. For over one hundred years the University of California has maintained an active and productive program in research and education in viticulture and enology. More...
Megan Streeter, a UC Davis textiles and clothing major, knits on her tree sleeves during Professor Ann Savaeau's Design 70 class, 'Introduction to Textile Design Structures'.
Graduate students Mike Penn and Bret Hogan work on getting their Rodger fermenter working during the Viticulture 124 'Wine Production' class.