Welcome to the BFTV Cluster
Supporting Excellence through Customer Service, Teamwork & Continuous Improvement
UC Davis Professor Ruihong Zhang shovels fresh table scraps from San Francisco restaurants into the biogas energy plant on the UC Davis campus.
UC Davis senior food science major Lizhu Li uses a magnifying glass and ruler to measure the heat transfer penetration depth on a potato during a food processing lab class.
BFTV Cluster is the administrative cluster supporting:
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biological Systems Engineering is the biology-based engineering discipline that integrates life sciences with engineering in the advancement and application of fundamental concepts of biological systems from molecular to ecosystem levels. Within this discipline (also called biological engineering), our faculty emphasize a range of research areas including agricultural production/natural resources, biotechnology engineering, and food engineering. More...
Department of Food Science and Technology
- In the News...
- Diane Barrett Fellowship and International Tomato Processing Symposium, May 6, 2016
- Simmons Lab student wins Arla Foods Fellowship
- Professor Mike O'Mahoney to speak at SenseAsia conference
- Protein-Trapped Sugar Compounds Nourish Infant Gut Microbes
- Send your application for Design Thinking for Food / FST 298
- The internationally recognized Food Science and Technology Department makes food healthier, tastier, and safer for consumers. Students complete a rigorous scientific curriculum that prepares them well for the numerous job opportunities available in the food industry or for graduate studies in the physical, chemical, and biological sciences and medicine. More...
Department of Textiles and Clothing
- Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop: An ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being. More...
Department of Viticulture and Enology
- The V&E Department combines the sciences of viticulture and enology in a single research and teaching unit that encompasses all of the scientific disciplines that impact grape growing and winemaking. For over one hundred years the University of California has maintained an active and productive program in research and education in viticulture and enology. More...
Megan Streeter, a UC Davis textiles and clothing major, knits on her tree sleeves during Professor Ann Savaeau's Design 70 class, 'Introduction to Textile Design Structures'.
Graduate students Mike Penn and Bret Hogan work on getting their Rodger fermenter working during the Viticulture 124 'Wine Production' class.